UB’s Millard Fillmore College will be holding an information session for UB students who are interested in learning about new internship opportunities in legal professions.
This internship is developed in response to many student inquiries and has become a very popular addition to the UB Millard Fillmore College Paralegal Studies Program. All students are invited and encouraged to attend.
Millard Fillmore College is offering a 3-credit course in Fall 2017 that features unpaid legal studies internship experience for undergraduate students.
The legal studies internship was created and will be supervised by Olga Posse, J.D., MFC adjunct faculty. This experiential learning course will require 5 hours per week at the internship site plus online coursework. Professor Posse secured commitments to internships through the Buffalo City Court, the Attorney General’s Office, the District Attorney’s Office, the Public Defender’s Office, the Federal Public Defender’s Office, Erie County Family Court and two private law firms.
This internship experience could prove to be very valuable to students with an interest in entering the legal profession. Any UB student seeking to gain legal knowledge and experience would find this internship to be a valuable addition to their UB degree.
Prof. Posse will hold information sessions for interested students
|August 9, 10, 11||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||209 OBrien Hall|
|August 12 (Saturday)||1:00 – 2:00 p.m.||209 OBrien Hall|
|August 14 & 16||6:00 – 7:00 p.m.||209 OBrien Hall|
- Any student who is interested in an internship MUST attend one of these meetings.
- Bring a copy of your resume and unofficial transcript.
- Prof. Posse will review the applicants and select the most qualified because of the limited number of internships available.
- Interested students should RSVP to email@example.com to let her know they are planning to attend either of the above-mentioned dates.
- Prof. Posse will also respond to any questions concerning students may have concerning the course and internship opportunities.
There are only 60 Legal Professions Internships available for Fall 2017 and selection is competitive. If you have any questions about the class, you should contact Prof. Posse at 716-829-2904 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org