The following links are additional resources to help students prepare for and succeed in law school and the legal profession.
University at Buffalo (UB) Sites
Applying To and Researching Law Schools
- Discover Law
- Law School Transparency Website (excellent resource!)
- Law School Admission Council Law School Guide (LSAC)
- US News
Career and Professional Development
- American Bar Association
- Council on Legal Opportunities
- Internet Legal Resource Guide
- Law Links
- National Association for Law Placement
- National Jurist Magazine
- U.S. Department of Labor
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Careers in Law. Gary Munneke. Lincolnwood, Illinois: VGM Career Horizons, 1993.
- Directory of Legal Employers. Washington, DC: National Association for Law Placement, 1994.
- Full Disclosure: Do You Really Want to Be a Lawyer? Susan J. Bell, Ed. Princeton, New Jersey: Peterson’s Guides, 1992.
- From Here to Attorney. J. Robert Arnett II, Arthur Coon, and Michael DiGeronimo. Belmont, California: Professional Publications, Inc., 1993.
- Getting Into Law School Today. Thomas H. Martinson and David P. Waldherr. New York: Macmillan, 1994.
- How to Write a Winning Personal Statement for Graduate and Professional School. Richard J. Seltzer. Princeton, New Jersey: Peterson’s Guides, 1993.
- Inside the Law Schools. S.F. Goldfarb. New York: Penguin Books, 1993.
- Law School Companion. Paul M. Lisnek, Steven I. Friedland, and Chris M. Salamone. New York: Random House, Inc., 1995.
- Official ABA Guide to Approved Law Schools. New York, NY: American Bar Association, updated annually.
- The Official Guide to US Law Schools. Newtown, Pennsylvania: Law School Admission Council, updated annually.
- Perfect Personal Statements. Mark Alan Stewart. New York: Macmillan, 1996.
- Pro Bono in Law Schools. Chicago and Washington, DC: American Bar Association and National Association of Public Interest Law, 1991.
- The Insider’s Guide to Law Firms. Sheila V. Malkani and Michael F. Walsh, eds. Mobile, Colorado: Mobius Press, 1994.
- The Legal Profession: Is It For You? Wayne L. Anderson and Marilyn J. Headrick. Cincinnati, Ohio: Thomson Executive Press, 1996.
- Majoring in Law. Stefan Underhill. New York: Noonday Press, 1995.
- Opportunities in Law Careers. Gary A. Munneke. Lincolnwood, Illinois: VGM Career Horizons, 1994.
- So You Want to Be a Lawyer: A Practical Guide to Law as a Career. New York: Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group, Inc., 1994.